Sunday, July 25, 2010

RIP Liberty.

It breaks my heart to write this, but one of my friends who had cancer passed away this week. Her name is Liberty Rebekah Dagenais. She was 29 years old.
She was diagnosed with breast cancer a bit before my own diagnosis (she was already in and done treatment by the time I started mine), and with both of us being younger people, we often talked about the things we were going through. Unfortunately, she never got better.
Her life ended with terminal cancer in her brain, liver, and bones. She lost the use of her legs due to it. I can't imagine the strength of a person to still want to get up every day and not be able to walk, let alone be in what I am sure was tremendous pain. She knew she was going to die, but still went around with a smile.
In short, it was one amazing person that the world lost this week. We will miss you Libby.

No comments:

Post a Comment